Hebridean Handcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For crafters world wide.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All about Resin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

All about Resin Empty
PostSubject: All about Resin   All about Resin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Rachel can you tell us about Resin? and what it involves and how you came into the craft?
Back to top Go down
Ladybgemini
Ladybgemini

All about Resin Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Resin   All about Resin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Skye wrote:
Rachel can you tell us about Resin? and what it involves and how you came into the craft?

I stumbled across it purely by accident....it hasnt been a smooth road by any means and I still have bum days with it now lol.

I spent alot of time watching You Tube Fimo videos before entering the world of fimo and once there I realised that there was so much more to so with crafting than I realised. Resin is so versatile and can be used in conjuction with alot of other crafts.

I purchased my first batch of resin and attempted to create this idea I had in my head...needless to say that particular resin was not very good and I have little patience for waiting for it to cure so I recruited the help of Joanne (Who will be along shortly, I am sure) in creating a one piece mould to create my resin Balls.....again we stumbled but I wouldnt give up. I invested in resin from Maragon and have never looked back since. I also bought silicone from them too (anyone interested in resin should do this!!)

I made a few Ball moulds and they worked to a degree.....alot of finishing work was needed to the balls but in the meantime I had discovered a whole new world in resin and now I am totally addicted to both resin and fimo.....using them both together on a daily basis!

I have since perfected my moulds and created the original idea.....as well as a few other things.

My advice to anyone wanting to do resin, dont be afraid, you will make some boo boo's, but keep going with it, keep the rejects as they become a valuable part of your srafting stash for practising on with new ideas.....dont be afraid of resin..its brill stuff.

Also, dont be too eager to de-mould your items as fingerprints are the worst!

Always work on greasproof paper, as resin doesnt stick to it.....it will stick to EVERYTHING else lol so keep a bottle of acetone handy and kitchen rolls and always wear gloves if you tend to be a bit messy (Like me lol)

xxx
Back to top Go down
Hawkwind99

All about Resin Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Resin   All about Resin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow!!! thank you so much for this, can you upload some of your resin pictures for us please the service is there for you to upload and I have got a picture up so its not too hard Smile

Lots of Love xxx
Back to top Go down
Ladybgemini
Ladybgemini

All about Resin Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Resin   All about Resin EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Hawkwind99 wrote:
Wow!!! thank you so much for this, can you upload some of your resin pictures for us please the service is there for you to upload and I have got a picture up so its not too hard Smile

Lots of Love xxx

I have started a Picture Thread within the Resin Craft area and added a picture x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All about Resin Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Resin   All about Resin Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Resin
Page 1 of 1