Hebridean Handcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For crafters world wide.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wool is Wonderful )))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

Wool is Wonderful ))) Empty
PostSubject: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 am

Hi there, my name is Liza (or Liz, I dont mind which one). My craft is felting .... needle felting and wet felting. Found the craft by accident a year ago this month and I adore it. It's brought me such peace, happiness and many new felting friends. My sister is a needle felter too as a result.

I have a shop on Etsy called FeltByLiza.

I look forward to chatting with other felters (and other crafters) here on Skye's lovely forum Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nanny Suzanny

Nanny Suzanny

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:45 am

Hi Liza!! Love your little bunny who I assume is felt (?) ONE DAY I want to learn felting but I need to clear some of my other bits first; there are just not enough hours in the day for me!!
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 am

Hi Suzann, yes the bunny is needle felted )))
I agree, not enough hours in the day .... and so many crafters will say the same thing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm waiting impatiently for the postman this morning. Just ordered a selection of new wool colours and cant wait to see them. I also had two more sales on Etsy yesterday. A regular customer of mine who loves mice. I sometimes throw in a free mouse for her, so I made her a little extra mousey last night. He's standing on the right in the photo ))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Congratulations Lisa you have got a photo on the board, our first one! Well done you so happy :)xxx
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 pm

I love photos Skye and hope to see many here on this forum. I love to see what other's make. AND I've not forgotten I promised you a little something in the post. I will get around to it. he he he

Your beautiful flower is still attached to my handbag and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I will put some up when I can figure out how, Troy has bought more space for the board to put pictures up but is resting as he had a bad day illness wise yesterday Sad
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:55 pm

I see you figured it out Skye ))
Sorry to hear about Troy ..... resting is the best medicine sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:52 pm

DaDa!!!! My wool arrived this morning. Love all the colours, bar one, but I can still use it as core wool.

It's a nice bright sunny day here in St Albans.

I made this little guy last night

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Oh wow. how long does it take to make one of these and.......... how does one begin this craft?

Lisa.........T is about and will mod you up very soon :)x
Back to top Go down
Felt By Liza
Felt By Liza

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Mod me up? Sounds quite nice hahahaha. I could do with a makeover!

This mousey took me about 2.5 hours to make. I have a little stash of mohair sweaters for them, so just 2.5 hours to make the mouse. A human figure doll takes MUCH longer.

To begin this craft, you need some good quality unspun wool and good felting needles in three sizes. They go from the heavy duty type to the fine for finishing off. A piece of foam and away you go. You will probably also need some plasters cause without doubt, you WILL stab yourself with the needle! Rolling Eyes

If anyone is interested, I recommend watching any clips of Kay Petal that you can find (on Youtube). Kay is a needle felter guru imo. I have learned so much from her. AND her felting needles are the best you can find. I wouldn't use any others now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wool is Wonderful )))   Wool is Wonderful ))) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wool is Wonderful )))
Page 1 of 1