Hebridean Handcrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For crafters world wide.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspiration:-)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
magicalcreature

Inspiration:-) Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 am

Hello there all!!
Nice to be here!
I'm a true believer that music is chicken soup for the soul and can inspire us in many ways, whether it i to chill out, rock out, stop road rage in the car, help you through bad times, good times or be creative!
What type of music inspires you?
Lynne x
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troy
Administrator
Administrator
Troy

PostSubject: Good on you Lynne   Inspiration:-) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 am

Nice to have a conscientious moderator.

Hope to see some great stuff in here as I am a guitarist and great music fan.

Troy
Back to top Go down
kaz56

kaz56

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 pm

I like listening to most kinds of music but Im a fan of rock and a bit of heavy metal, especially when I'm driving and doing the housework! Karen x
Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Yes my music is more like a big stew, it has lots of flavour and ingredients.love rock such as the Quo, and Led Zeplin. Love Judas Priest well that is a surprise Smile Like Pan Pipes, Celtic Women. Love accoustic guitar too.

I did GSCE Music many moons ago for my sins!

Now going off to do a happy dance to my tune lol!
Back to top Go down
Eaglefeather
Eaglefeather

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:55 am

I am very particular about music. I like most of the classics, early pop music up to and including the Beatles, but almost none after that. My favorite music is Folk music, and I have a great collection of Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, American and Canadian offerings. The very early American country & western was a kind of Folk music and have a great collection of it as well.

My favorite musical instrument is the Great Northern Bag Pipe, followed by the Harmonica, both of which I play. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the Bag Pipe but I do own a chanter. I can also play the Recorder, my daughter and I can belt out a rather nice duet with it. I love the guitar, but unfortunately due to a very ridged bone structure in my hands I am unable to get my fingers around the neck of a guitar to work the frets, as a result I have never been able to learn how to play one.

Ah, Skye, I think this news will come as a surprise to you. I don't think that I have ever mentioned that I also write music, or at least try. Cool

I always have music running around in my head and until 1996 I had no way of getting it out, then I came across a fantastic computer program called, "Melody Assistant". This program made it possible to write these tunes and actually get to hear them for real. With Melody Assistant you enter the notes on a music score and then play it back.

I now have a modest collection of my own music. A number of years ago I even wrote a piece for a graphics friend. Her internet name is Lady of the Lake, and she put up a website for her art work. She asked if I could do a piece for her site and so I wrote a tune that I called, obviously, "Lady of the Lake." It is one of my better efforts.

There is a down side to my music writing and that is that I have not had any music training and have had to try and learn how to write music on my own. I am ok, most of the time, with melody, but run into really serious problems when I try to write the accompaniment, it is mainly trial and error but I am learning and getting better at it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Troy
Administrator
Administrator
Troy

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Oh only just hopped in here to check out things and found this post.

No I did not know you wrote music EF, but then again you can turn your hand to most things Smile

The Program Melody sounds really interesting, I must look that one up.

Back to top Go down
Skye
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:20 pm

It is so hard when you are musically inclined, and find that an injury or illness stops you from using an instrument.

I know several people that have this problem too EF, and one has resorted to the recorder as she can at least hold that and pipe out a tune.

I don't think it matters too much with music if it is correct technically, if it sounds good then go with it.

Whistling a happy tune is good for the soul, my grandfather always used to whistle when he worked, and I do much to T's annoyance Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration:-)   Inspiration:-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspiration:-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hebridean Handcrafts :: Crafts :: Music-
Jump to: